QUESTIONS ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
Do you take health insurance?
I'm often questioned as to why I do not accept any health insurance at my office. Some of these reasons are listed below. Please keep in mind that my fees are generally lower than most insurance co-pay rates and typically insurance coverage only focuses on acute medical necessity crisis care.
Why don’t you accept insurance payments?
· If you don’t have to file insurance claims for your chiropractic care, it helps keep your premiums lower
· If you don’t file claims, there’s no entry in the insurance database that could affect your insurance rates or job status in the future
· Instead of focusing on writing insurance reports and claims processing, I can focus on what’s important—YOU and providing you with the highest quality healthcare.
· Insurance companies would require me to do procedures and tests that are not necessary for you to receive care at this office, wasting both your time and your money.
· Many people are losing insurance coverage and/or their deductible and co-pays are too high to realistically serve them as they need.
· Doctors who depend on insurance payments must hire extra staff to process claims, resulting in increased rates or decreased time with the doctor. Our office has low overhead to help minimize patient fees.
· Insurance was designed for quick, short-term injury care and treatment for resulting symptoms. Insurance plans do not cover care for chronic pain issues or preventative chiropractic care, and most limit the number of visits a patient can have, whether or not they need further treatment.
· We have a policy of keeping pricing simple with no hidden charges. Our flat fee structure covers everything necessary for each visit. Our wellness membership plans make our care available to the whole family.
Can I use my Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex-Spending Card?
Absolutely. These types of accounts function just like credit card or check payments.
Do you treat Medicare/Medicaid patients or handle worker’s compensation?
No. Dunn Chiropractic is not a participating provider for Medicare or Medicaid programs, nor do we handle worker’s compensation.
If I was in a car accident, would you take my auto insurance benefits?
We no longer file or accept assignment for treatment provided for injuries caused by auto accidents. Please make sure that you make us aware as soon as possible if you are involved in an auto accident so that we can properly notate your file and help guide you through the process. We will be happy to make the appropriate referrals as needed. I can continue to treat you with the same high level of care that you are accustomed to if you choose, but again, I do not file insurance on your behalf and my records do not contain insurance diagnostic codes required for insurance reimbursement and/or judgement awards.
Can I file for insurance reimbursement?
Wellness plans are not covered or reimbursable by insurance networks. If you choose to receive care on a per visit basis, our office can provide a receipt of payment for your visit. However, we do not file insurance claims nor do we justify your chiropractic care to any insurance company. **Please note that our records do not contain insurance diagnostic codes required for insurance reimbursement so reimbursement is neither implied nor guaranteed.