To Make An Appointment Text
QUESTIONS ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
Do you take health insurance?
NO. I do not file or accept any insurance at this time.
Why don’t you accept insurance payments?
· If you don’t have to file insurance claims for your chiropractic care, it helps keep your premiums lower
· If you don’t file claims, there’s no entry in the insurance database that could affect your insurance rates or job status in the future
· Instead of focusing on writing insurance reports and claims processing, I can focus on what’s important—YOU and providing you with the highest quality healthcare.
· Insurance companies would require me to do procedures and tests that are not necessary for you to receive care at this office, wasting both your time and your money.
· Many people are losing insurance coverage and/or their deductible and co-pays are too high to realistically serve them as they need.
· Doctors who depend on insurance payments must hire extra staff to process claims, resulting in increased rates or decreased time with the doctor. My office has lower overhead to help minimize patient fees.
· Insurance was designed for quick, short-term injury care and treatment for resulting symptoms. Many insurance plans do not cover care for chronic pain issues or preventative chiropractic care, and most limit the number of visits a patient can have, whether or not they need further treatment.
· I have a policy of keeping pricing simple with no hidden charges. The flat fee structure covers everything necessary for each visit. And the family discounts make care available to the whole family.
Can I use my Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex-Spending Card?
Absolutely. These types of accounts function just like credit card or check payments.
Do you treat Medicare/Medicaid patients?
Yes, I do treat patients who are on Medicare and/or Medicaid. However, I do not file or accept those insurance plans as Dunn Chiropractic is not a participating provider for Medicare or Medicaid programs. However, I do offer discounts for patients who are eligible for these plans.
Do you treat worker’s compensation injuries?
No, I do not document injuries nor accept or file worker's compensation claims.
If I was in a car accident, would you take my auto insurance benefits?
I no longer file or accept assignment for treatment provided for injuries caused by auto accidents. Please make sure that you make me aware as soon as possible if you are involved in an auto accident so that I can properly notate your file and help guide you through the process. I will be happy to make the appropriate referrals as needed. I can continue to treat you with the same high level of care that you are accustomed to if you choose, but again, I do not file insurance on your behalf and my records do not contain insurance diagnostic codes required for insurance reimbursement and/or judgement awards.
Can I file for insurance reimbursement?
I can provide you with a receipt for your payment. However, please note that most insurance plans do not cover nor reimburse for wellness treatment or for "out-of-network" treatment. I do NOT file any insurance claims. Your record will reflect that each visit is for your wellness and maintenance of wellness. The record will not contain insurance based diagnosis codes or treatment codes. I do not fill out any insurance or work related paperwork. If you choose to submit a receipt for reimbursement, please not that reimbursement is neither implied nor guaranteed.